Dr. Bruce Eichelberger, OMD
Eleven Balancing Mechanisms in the Body
What Determines Your Unique Metabolic Tendencies?
Most of the time, and usually outside of our everyday awareness, we are working to find our balance – be it spiritual, mental, emotional, structural, biochemical or environmental. This process of continual balancing is called homeostasis.
At a physiological level, this balancing act involves numerous processes that are constantly adjusting to keep us on track and healthy. There are eleven crucial elements to this balancing process.
Each of these fundamental homeostatic control mechanisms play an important part in your overall health and metabolic balance:
- Your Autonomic Nervous System (master regulator of metabolism, neuro-endocrine / hormonal balance) – Sympathetic / Parasympathetic
- Your Carbo-Oxidative System (conversion of nutrients to energy via intermediary carbohydrate metabolism, involving Glycolysis, Citric Acid (Krebs) Cycle, Beta Oxidation) – Fast Oxidation / Slow Oxidation
- Your Steroidal Hormone Balance (health of your hormones-producing endocrine glands) – HPA axis balance
- Your Neurotransmitter Balance (the status of your brain chemistry affecting mood, concentration & energy) – High or Low Levels of Serotonin, Dopamine, Epinephrine, Nor-epinephrine, GABA, Histamine, Glutamate
- Your Lipo-Oxidative Processes (involving fatty acids / sterols balance, cell membrane permeability, aerobic/anaerobic metabolism) – Catabolic / Anabolic
- Electrolyte/Fluid Balance (crucial for optimal nerve conduction as well as organ function) – Electrolyte Excess / Electrolyte Deficiency
- Acid/Alkaline Balance (6 potential acid/alkaline imbalances) [Metabolic Acidosis, Metabolic Alkalosis, Respiratory Acidosis, Respiratory Alkalosis, Potassium Excess Acidosis, Potassium Depletion Alkalosis], resulting from 7 causal factors [autonomic, carbo-oxidative, lipo-oxidative, electrolyte/fluid balance, respiratory function, endocrine efficiencies (kidney, adrenal, ovary, teste, thyroid, posterior pituitary, parathyroid), chronic dietary imbalance with respect to acid/alkaline pH of foods] – Acid / Alkaline
- Prostaglandin Balance (important mediators of smooth muscle function as well as inflammatory and immune processes in the body – found in virtually every tissue of the body) – Series 1 + Series 3 Prostaglandins / Series 2 Prostaglandins
- Your Endocrine System (Your Endocrine Type based on your dominant energy gland) – Hypothalamus / Pituitary / Thyroid / Adrenal / Gonad
- Your ABO Blood Type – Type O / Type A / Type B / Type AB
- Constitutional Elements (constitutional qualities of foods, supplements and herbs interacting with the constitutional qualities of your body)
Obviously, this is a lot of information to coordinate and understand.
That’s why the science of Metabolic Typing® is such a breakthrough. By using advanced, computerized technology we can determine not only which of these variables are involved in your unique situation, but also recommend the ideal foods that you will use most efficiently based on these variables.
And since your unique situation may require very specific fine-tuning, we work with you every step of the way to insure that you get all the necessary information to make the best personal use of this approach.
Health is wealth and quality of life is everything. That’s the idea behind this comprehensive, life-changing approach to your health.
Call today at (775) 827-6901 to find out more, or you can write by clicking here.